The Aprilaire 1850 Dehumidifier, 120V Ductable Whole House - 95 Pints a Day provides homes with astonishing air quality and can help you remove excess moisture in the air, no matter how large your home is. This unit provides three times the normal removing capacity of other leading dehumidifiers, making it one of the top rated systems on the market today.
This intelligent unit can automatically sense when humidity levels in your home rise above a certain preset level, saving you money at all times on your electric bill. In fact, this system runs on less than 4.5 pints/kilowatt per hour, giving it an Energy Star rating that many other dehumidifiers don’t have. The Aprilaire 1850 Dehumidifier, 120V Ductable Whole House - 95 Pint/Day also switches between whole house and localized dehumidification, depending on if your central air is running or not.
Principle of Operation - The Aprilaire Model 1850 is designed to dehumidify the air coming into the unit by passing the incoming air over an evaporator coil to drop the air temperature below the dew point of the air. Moisture is removed from the air and drained out of the unit to a common floor or waste drain. The air is then reheated in the condenser coil and exits the unit. Dehumidification occurs until the set point is reached, then shuts off until periodic sampling determines a need for operation.
Application - The Aprilaire Model 1850 is the perfect product for smaller homes, townhomes, condominiums and crawlspaces.
Ventilation - The Model 1850 has the ability to bring in fresh air. Fresh air will dilute stale air and pollutants and will reduce humidity in the winter months. The fresh air is brought in through a 6” round duct and 6” round normally closed damper. The dehumidifier has built in controls to adjust the amount of fresh air that is brought in.
- Moisture Removal Capacity: Up to 95 Pints a day @ 80 °F, 60% RH (AHAM)
- Energy Factor: 2.2 L/kW-h
- Power: 120V, 1, 60Hz
- Current Draw: 8.0 Amps
- Power Cord: Equipped with an 8 ft. power cord
- Hardwire Option: Yes, special option 1850 WD
- Noise: 54 dBA ducted
- Airflow: 265 CFM @ 0.0 in. of w.c., 200 CFM @ 0.4 in. of w.c. (external static pressure - dry coil)
- Filter: 1/2” washable, MERV 8
- Controls: Built-in digital control with display, top or front mount (capable to be set up for dehumidification, humidification, and ventilation or zoning)
- Cabinet Insulation: 1/2” EPS (expanded polystyrene) insulation
- Air Discharge Orientation: Top or end
- Backdraft Damper at Outlet: Included
- Refrigerant: R410A
- Coil Corrosion Resistance: E-Coated coil
- Inlet Air Conditions: 50°F - 104°F, 40°F dew point min.
- Ambient/Ventilation: 40°F - 140°F, 0% - 99% RH
- Discharge Air Temperature Rise: 10°F - 30°F
- Drain Connection: 3/4” PVC adapters (Adapters for threaded connection or plastic hose included.)
- Inlet/Outlet Duct Collars: 10” diameter
- Dimensions (cabinet): Width: 12.5” - Height: 14.5” - Length: 27.5”
- Weight: 75 lbs
- Warranty: 5 Years